chicken-janitors

Re: [Chicken-janitors] #1073: Spiffy should signal request-header-fields

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: Re: [Chicken-janitors] #1073: Spiffy should signal request-header-fields-too-large upon (exn http line-limit-exceeded)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 15:51:53 -0000

#1073: Spiffy should signal request-header-fields-too-large upon (exn http line-
limit-exceeded)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  sjamaan     |       Owner:  sjamaan
      Type:  defect      |      Status:  closed
 Component:  extensions  |     Version:  4.8.x
Resolution:  wontfix     |    Keywords:  spiffy error-handling
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

Comment(by RvdH):

 > But response codes 413 and 414 are much older (at their latest 1997) and
 I don't know any clients which are able to adjust their requests after
 receiving these, either.

 I don't know any clients that adjust their requests on the fly, either.
 But what I do know is that if you're writing a client for a web service
 and you experience a 413 or 414, that you adjust your client's request, so
 that it won't error. In general you only have access to the server logs if
 you also wrote the server side, but that is rarely the case in my
 experience.

 Actually, I believe a 413 is not so common. A 414 happens way more often,
 e.g. if you have to integrate with a service that returns search results
 based on various query parameters.

--
Ticket URL: <http://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/1073#comment:9>
Chicken Scheme <http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/>