chicken-janitors

[Chicken-janitors] #1093: chicken-uninstall should not interpret the giv

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: [Chicken-janitors] #1093: chicken-uninstall should not interpret the given egg as a pattern by default
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 17:21:27 -0000

#1093: chicken-uninstall should not interpret the given egg as a pattern by
default
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  mario              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new
 Example:

 {{{
 $ chicken-uninstall sp

 About to delete the following extensions:

   spiffy-cookies
   sp-runtime
   spiffy-request-vars
   sp
   spiffy

 Do you want to proceed? (yes/no/abort) [no] no
 }}}

 I think this default is rather dangerous and unnecessary.  We should
 probably make chicken-uninstall only uninstall the exact given egg(s) and
 have a command line like {{{-match}}} which users can use to explicitly
 state that they want to remove all eggs matching the given pattern.

--
Ticket URL: <http://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/1093>
CHICKEN Scheme <http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/>