chicken-janitors

Re: [Chicken-janitors] Wiki edition is public

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-janitors] Wiki edition is public
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 12:08:01 +0000

Hi Mathieu,

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 15:19:53 -0500 Mathieu <address@hidden> wrote:

> Just shown your website to a friend while trying to bring him to
> scheme land.
> First thing he did was noticing this page is publicly editable,
> sigh...
>
> http://wiki.call-cc.org/man/4/Getting%20started
>
> Is that on purpose?

Yes, it is.  Our wiki pages are stored in an svn repository, so we can
always revert changes that we don't consider good.  We also have an IRC
bot which notifies the #chicken channel (Freenode) on each edit made in
the wiki.  If we see an anonymous edit, we look at the changes in svn.

To avoid scripted spamming, wiki pages have a captcha.

So far it's been working fine.  If you notice any problem, please let us
know.

All the best.
Mario
--