chicken-janitors

Re: [Chicken-janitors] #1290: Unit srfi-69: does not specify action when

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: Re: [Chicken-janitors] #1290: Unit srfi-69: does not specify action when two merged hash tables contain the same keys
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 13:23:27 -0000

#1290: Unit srfi-69: does not specify action when two merged hash tables contain
the same keys
-----------------------------------+---------------------
            Reporter:  nxg         |      Owner:
                Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
           Component:  extensions  |    Version:  4.10.x
          Resolution:              |   Keywords:  srfi-69
Estimated difficulty:  trivial     |
-----------------------------------+---------------------
Changes (by sjamaan):

 * difficulty:   => trivial
 * milestone:  someday => 4.13.0

Comment:

 Thanks for reporting this, sorry that it went unnoticed for a while.

 I think documenting this would be a good improvement.

 Regarding the purely functional API: I don't think that would be a good
 idea for hash tables, as it implies copying the entire table which is
 rather expensive (avoiding this would imply a complete redesign). It would
 only make sense for smallish hash tables, but for those cases an alist
 will suffice just as well (and may be faster even), and we already have
 functional APIs for those.

--
Ticket URL: <https://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/1290#comment:1>
CHICKEN Scheme <https://www.call-cc.org/>