[Chicken-users] bug in build 1064

From: Peter Keller
Subject: [Chicken-users] bug in build 1064
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 00:59:41 -0500

Hello,

I seem to have found a bug in the latest release build.

Givens:

This function:
(define mpf_get_default_prec
    (foreign-lambda unsigned-long "mpf_get_default_prec" void))

gets a complaint from the compiler that "void" isn't a legal type:
Error: illegal foreign argument type void

The bug:

Out of curiosity, I did this:
(define-foreign-type void void)

It sorta doesn't make sense, but at 1am, anything makes sense...

Anyways, the compiler appeared to go into an infinite loop.

Conclusion:

Now, upon careful reading of the manual, I now know that void can't be used
as an argument type, so the function should be decalred like this:
(define mpf_get_default_prec
    (foreign-lambda unsigned-long "mpf_get_default_prec"))

However, I had gotten the compiler to go into an infinite loop.

Thanks.

-pete