Re: [Chicken-users] FILE* interface

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] FILE* interface
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 09:05:53 +0200

> Hopefully this weekend, I'll see if I can finish it up(minus the lowlevel
> API). I'll eventually finish that too, but I want to get it so people
> can use what I've already done, which is definitely useable.

Brilliant! I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'm really eager to add
full numeric tower support to Chicken. What's needed is some rather
boring dispatching code that invokes the appropriate MP routines
(or the builtin ones for fixnums/flonums). There is of course more to it:
the compiler has to be patched so that it doesn't replace calls to `+', etc.
with the usual ones, but all this can be done (somehow).