[Chicken-users] Sparc 0.1064

From: tonyg
Subject: [Chicken-users] Sparc 0.1064
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 21:03:51 +0000 (GMT)

gcc 2.95.2, chicken 0.1064, sparc sunos 5.7:

        ./configure --prefix=`pwd`/dist
        gmake

... fails when compiling csi.scm --> csi.c. Segmentation violation,
coredump, but:

        ./configure --prefix=`pwd`/dist
        vi Makefile
        # edit Makefile so that CFLAGS reads -fno-strict-aliasing instead
        # of -fstrict-aliasing... I also added -g but that shouldn't
        # make any difference, I hope
        gmake

... works perfectly. Except that the best time for NSAMPLE was about
940ms, where with strict-aliasing it was about 650ms, and the optimal
cache size I think ended up being different, too.

I'm just repeating the experiment on HP-UX now. (It's a very slow
machine.)

Tony

--
"Rather than go see a real small town for free, he had paid money to
see a pretend one, and rather than see it with the naked eye he was