Re: [Chicken-users] chicken errors

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken errors
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:05:11 +0200

> Suppose I get this error from chicken:
>
> "Error: Arguments to inlined call do not match parameter-list (k5241
x1184)"

> I can guess at what it means, however it tells me nothing useful about
> where the error is in my code or what prompted it.
>
> Can maybe some work be done to make these error messages more human
readable
> so when this type of thing happens so they can be debugged?

Correct. Normally the proper name of a procedure was lost
after alpha-conversion. To support the comment-generation thing
in the backend, a mapping from alpha-converted names to "real"
names has been implemented, so from now on more information
is available.

I will fix this. Thanks for the suggestion.