Re: [Chicken-users] future of chicken?

From: William Annis
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] future of chicken?
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:23:18 -0500 (CDT)

 >From: Peter Keller <address@hidden>
 >
 >Out of curiosity, what is the general roadmap for future of chicken?
 >What features are to be added/fixed, improvements, things to be thought
 >about, etc.

        I don't know if Pete has made this clear yet, but he and I
have been having fantasies about things we want our Perfect Lisp to
have.  Chicken was the lucky implementation in our search for the best
Scheme to start with for the full corruption. :)

        My main motivation is ARC (http://www.paulgraham.com/arc.html)
which includes some radical changes: replacing the wordy 'lambda' with
'fn' (making anonymous functions smaller and forcing less
indentation); making 'if' anaphoric.  That is, have tests bind the
answer to 'it' in the bodies of the "then" and "else" clauses.  Other
sorts of things are at the ARC page.

--
William Annis  -  System Administrator -  Biomedical Computing Group
"When men are inhuman, take care not to feel towards them as they do