[Chicken-users] (gc)

From: tonyg
Subject: [Chicken-users] (gc)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 12:51:17 +0100

One thing I've noticed with an explicit (gc) call is that finalizers
aren't run as soon as they could be. I'd have expected an explicit
call to (gc) to clean up as much as it can; ie. "(gc) implies
(##sys#force-finalizers)". I'd like to have a "published" API for
forcing greedy-finalization; calling a ##sys procedure seems
dirty. I'd find this handy for example in SOCKET:accept, where a call
to (gc) could help ensure that "dead" file descriptors are promptly
recycled.

What do other people think?

Tony
--
Monkeys high on math -- some of the best comedy on earth
        - Tom Lord, regarding comp.lang.scheme