Re: [Chicken-users] Things I forgot [Was: the future of Chicken]

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Things I forgot [Was: the future of Chicken]
Date: 09 Aug 2002 14:23:13 -0400

Peter Keller <address@hidden> writes:
> You make a mistake, it is LGPL'ed, not GPL'ed. That means you can link with
> it and the program you link with does not have to become GPL'ed.

Yes, but if the goal (and I have no idea of Felix's goal) is to
distribute a system that is purely BSD licensed, well, GMP isn't, and
the OpenSSL bignum library (which has all sorts of neat things in it)
is. That means you could distribute compiled applications with no "you
must give us the sources" bits at all. Again, though, I have no idea
of Felix's goals.

--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden