Re: [Chicken-users] Things I forgot [Was: the future of Chicken]

From: Peter Keller
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Things I forgot [Was: the future of Chicken]
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 23:24:33 -0500

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 02:23:13PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Peter Keller <address@hidden> writes:
> > You make a mistake, it is LGPL'ed, not GPL'ed. That means you can link with
> > it and the program you link with does not have to become GPL'ed.
>
> Yes, but if the goal (and I have no idea of Felix's goal) is to
> distribute a system that is purely BSD licensed, well, GMP isn't, and
> the OpenSSL bignum library (which has all sorts of neat things in it)
> is. That means you could distribute compiled applications with no "you
> must give us the sources" bits at all. Again, though, I have no idea
> of Felix's goals.

So, with respect to this, felix, are you going to use my GNU MP bindings for
the full numeric tower, or wait until I get around to doing the open ssl
bignum math library interface written, which will be BSD? Either way, I
don't care, to me it is just more stuff chicken supports that other people
use.

-pete