Re: [Chicken-users] Things I forgot [Was: the future of Chicken]

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Things I forgot [Was: the future of Chicken]
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:52:31 +0200

> So, with respect to this, felix, are you going to use my GNU MP bindings
for
> the full numeric tower, or wait until I get around to doing the open ssl
> bignum math library interface written, which will be BSD? Either way, I
> don't care, to me it is just more stuff chicken supports that other people
> use.

As full numeric-tower support would be completely optional, and because
the actual MP library wouldn't be shipped with the Chicken distribution,
it doesn't really matter. A MP library under BSD license would make things
somewhat easier (if, after all, it gets folded into the dist), but I
appreciate
the work you've done on the GMP lib, so I'm inclined to use that. But FNT
support will take a while to get done, anyway, I'm afraid.