[Chicken-users] annoyances with command line parsing...

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: [Chicken-users] annoyances with command line parsing...
Date: 14 Aug 2002 16:51:09 -0400

This works fine.
        chicken socket.scm -output-file socket.c
This does not
        chicken -output-file socket.c socket.scm

The error message when you do this is also pretty cryptic.

There are similar issues with a lot of the option parsing.

Would a getopt style function for scheme be of any use in fixing this?

(I also find the fact that long options are -prefixed and not --prefixed
slightly annoying, but I don't consider that a bug given that it is
intentional behavior.)

By the way, should I be reporting stuff via the bug page on Savannah,
or is the mailing list the right place?

Perry