Re: [Chicken-users] docstrings

From: Anthony Carrico
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] docstrings
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:50:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 address@hidden wrote:

> Well, I see interactive experimentation and exploration as a huge win,
> and part of what makes Scheme and Python attractive to me. Just that I
> can try out little ideas to remind myself of argument ordering, say,
> or define little tests to see how a feature works or a routine returns
> failure. (I really enjoy Squeak Smalltalk's Browser, too...)

I understand, but I question if this is (or should be) one of Chicken's
design goals. It certainly isn't a reason that I use Chicken. When I want
a nice interactive environment, I use a different tool.

There is value in being good at one thing, and currently Chicken is a very
good offline tool -- something many Scheme system's aren't.

  -Tony Carrico