Re: [Chicken-users] ideas

From: Peter Keller
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ideas
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:44:03 -0500

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 08:50:22AM +0200, felix wrote:
> If anybody would like to change the overall style, then this is
> the right moment to do so.

Currently, I think the overall style looks more like an appendix to a
manual right now. :)

Maybe you should have sections in the manual that explain how you'd do
particular common things in Chicken. Like a chapter on File I/O that shows
some examples of ports (but not many) and many more examples on the posix
interface. Right now, it is just a big list of annotated functions with no
overarching goal is how to approach chicken or use the facilities it has.

Speaking of, why are some posix calls named differently from their C
counterparts? Any good reason or no? If not, would it be possible to
rename/deprecate them and change it to be what POSIXly oriented people
would expect them to be named?

-pete