[Chicken-users] Argv in scripts vs argv in compiled code.

From: William Annis
Subject: [Chicken-users] Argv in scripts vs argv in compiled code.
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:09:58 -0500 (CDT)

If I write a tiny python script like this:

#!/s/bin/python2.2 -O

import sys

print sys.argv

And then run it, I get this:

wazor /u/annis/tmp/argv $ ./p1
['./p1']

This is what I expect from this sort of language.  When I do the same
thing with chicken, I get conflicting behavior depending on whether
I'm running as a script or as a binary:

wazor /u/annis/tmp/argv $ cat c1.scm
#!/u/annis/local/bin/csi -script

(print (argv))

wazor /u/annis/tmp/argv $ ./c1.scm
(/u/annis/local/bin/csi -script ./c1.scm)
wazor /u/annis/tmp/argv $ csc c1.scm
wazor /u/annis/tmp/argv $ ./c1
(./c1)

Do other people consider this, if not a bug, then a misfeature?  I
like the idea of being able to use chicken interpreted or compiled as
the mood suits, and I'd rather not have to do environment testing
every time I consult argv.

--
William Annis  -  System Administrator -  Biomedical Computing Group
"When men are inhuman, take care not to feel towards them as they do