[Chicken-users] error messages

From: William Annis
Subject: [Chicken-users] error messages
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:56:37 -0500 (CDT)

I'm still having some interesting problems with my script.  The
command-line-arguments function seems to work, but I still cannot get
a running compiled version of my working script.  I'll keep working
away at it.

One thing that would make finding problems *worlds* easier is more
verbose error messages:

menkar /u/annis/code/chicken $ ./frm
(/var/mail/annis)
Error: unbound variable
main
writing stack-trace...
last traced call: ##sys#script-main

Would it be possible to have the unbound variable named on the same
line as the error message itself?  This isn't a big deal, but it took
me a while to realize that 'main' went with the unbound variable
mesage.

Also, while some functions identify themselves in their error
messages, a great many do not.  Would it be possible to have built-in
chicken functions give errors that identify where they come from?

--
wm