Re: [Chicken-users] That documentation problem...

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] That documentation problem...
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:06:50 +0200

> Probably I'm joining this discussion too late...
>
> Why not XML or SXML?
> It can be converted to anything using Scheme or XSLT stylesheets.
> SXML is Chicken-friendly, I believe that I can produce a Chicken version
of
> Scheme-enabled XSLT processor (which works on either XML or SXML data),
and
> in a day or two.

Not a bad idea at all. But I guess we should stick to tradition here... ;-)

What I would be very interested in the generation of documentation from
compiled code, as Tony suggested, something like

(define (my-proc a b c)
  "docstring..."
  ...)

I would like to process this and generate (perhaps) SXML data from
the information given in docstrings and information extracted by the
compiler,
i.e.:

(procedure
  (@ (name "my-proc")
        (arguments "(a b c)")
        (documentation "docstring ...") )
  ...)

[This example is probably badly chosen - I haven't done anything
with SXML, yet]

Under what license is SSAX available, BTW? I think it would make a nice
addition to the Chicken core libraries.