Re: [Chicken-users] Manual update

From: Sven Hartrumpf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Manual update
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:08:21 +0200 (CEST)

On 29 Aug 2002, Peter Keller <address@hidden> wrote:
> However, I still need to split up the gigantic manual.tex file into
> smaller pieces that represent these sections.

Do we really want that?
manual.tex is more like a medium-sized document in the TeX world.
A one-file approach has many advantages:
- easy global changes and consistency checks (terminology etc.)
- easy to handle with modern hardware and editors (one big manual.tex
  might have been a problem in the 80's :-) )
- ...

Ciao
Sven