Re: [Chicken-users] Manual update

From: Peter Keller
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Manual update
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 14:25:13 -0500

Hello,

I've added the chicken image into the manual build process for all three
formats the manual gets generated in. The moral of the story here is
if you want to include an image into the system then just do this:

\includegraphics{imagename} % NO EXTENSION!

LaTeX, pdflatex, and html2latex all expect different defaults for
the above command, LaTeX is .eps, pdflatex is .jpg(according to my
configurations), and html2latex is AFAICT .eps(but it also might be .png).
If I happen to exactly figure out the png situation with latex2html, I'll
mention it and maybe a graphics format can be removed from the system. But the
.eps and .jpg formats definitely need to be there.

So, if you want to include graphics, then please make an .eps, .png,
and a .jpg of the same image and do not use the extension in the
includegraphics command.

Thanks.

-pete