Re: [Chicken-users] Manual update

From: Peter Keller
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Manual update
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 15:04:49 -0500

> If I happen to exactly figure out the png situation with latex2html, I'll
> mention it and maybe a graphics format can be removed from the system. But the
> .eps and .jpg formats definitely need to be there.

Ok, it turns out you don't need them. You only need eps and jpg. However,
it might be good to make the source image in png and still check it in
anyway so that you can produce eps and jpg files from it. I'll explore
this autogeneration of images from the source image, but I don't want to
make the building of the manual dependant on a lot of external programs
that you might or might not have.

However, until image inclusion starts being a problem, I'm just going to
not bother with it anymore, the current "good enough" way of doing it in fine.

-pete