Re: [Chicken-users] another bad error message

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] another bad error message
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 09:30:48 +0200

Peter Keller wrote:
Hello,

So, I found another misleading error message (Jeez, I hope someone is
recording these somewhere besides this list. Maybe I should use the
savannah web page bug tracking thingy for this?)

Here is the bug:

Linux black > ./fastarg test.fa Error: unbound variable: make-symboltable
writing stack-trace...
last traced call: fastarg.scm: 19   make-symboltable

The problem is that line 19 in fastarg.scm is:
(include "typechecker")

Deep inside this file is the actual location of the error.

Yep, this is rather suboptimal. The mechanism used to compute
line-numbers from s-exprs is not very clever in this case.
I'll take a look.