Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken benchmarks

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken benchmarks
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:31:17 +0200

Sven Hartrumpf wrote:

Talking about performance I would like to ask some questions about 32 bit
vs. 64 bit:
- What improvement is to be expected from chicken compiled for a 64 bit
  architecture (compared to the same system run in 32 bit mode)?

Don't know. I know that memory consumption will increase
considerably.

- Which 64 bit ports are known to work?

IA64 seems to build fine from the Debian package.
Alpha works.
UltraSparc.