Re: [Chicken-users] idiom question

From: Peter Keller
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] idiom question
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:46:28 -0500

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 10:35:56PM -0500, Peter Keller wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 10:57:55PM +0200, felix wrote:
> > What do you think? Any comments would be welcome.
>
> I have some ideas:
>
> Suppose we define some functions in terms of the srfi-4 vectors that make
> it easy to use them with C FFIs?

Hmm.... How does garbage collection impact what I've written? Will the GC
ever be called while a C function is being executed(tht doesn't callback
int Scheme)?

I've always been scared of the garbage collector in scheme/C interfaces since
it is easy to write bad code if you don't exactly know what is going on.

Thanks.

-pete