Re: [Chicken-users] How to provide csc/csi bindings for a C library?

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] How to provide csc/csi bindings for a C library?
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 21:42:59 +0200

Sven Hartrumpf wrote:

Hi, Sven!

I have a set of bindings (wrapper functions) for a C library (SCOP).
I want to use it mainly in several csc-compiled Scheme programs, but
maybe also in csi.
My current try (BTW: the transformation from bigloo was straightforward
so far :-) ) is at the end of this mail.

I compile the Scheme file to a shared object file named scop_chicken.so:

csc -s scop_chicken.scm

Right.

The original C library is libscop.a (I can produce libscop.so if this is
really needed).

Now, what is the best (i.e. clean, easy, and efficient) way
to use the bindings in csc?

You mean in compiled code, right?
Just `load' it:

(load "libscop.so")

That's it.

And what about csi?

(load "libscop.so")

Sorry for my ignorance, but that combination of chicken and C is new to me.

No problem. I hope I understand your problem correctly. If not,
kick me in the butt. ;-)

BTW, What's SCOP? Looks like some socket-related code.