[Chicken-users] CVS update (build 1085)

From: felix
Subject: [Chicken-users] CVS update (build 1085)
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 21:03:58 +0100

Hello, everybody!

The current CVS version fixes 3 bugs:

- Literal-frame creation could sometimes write pointers to nursery-allocated
  symbols into the LF without registering the mutation, effectively
  circumventing the write barrier.
  [Thanks to Joerg Wittenberger for providing me with code that showed
  the problem]
- `let' was pre-compiled in a rather naive manner, when interpreted by
  the evaluator. It should now handle any number of bindings.
  [Thanks to Dorai Sitaram]
- The system should now (theoretically) run on OpenBSD systems.
  [Thanks to Steve Elkins]

And last but *not* least: Peter Keller has cleaned up the
testing infrastructure to use an implementation specific loader.
This will keep the core test-code R5RS clean.

(We are waiting for that SRFI-proposal, Pete! ;-)