Re: [Chicken-users] Numbers anywhere?

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Numbers anywhere?
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:47:46 +0100

Joerg F. Wittenberger wrote:

* when I switch profiling off and all but -unsafe optimization on, I
gain approx. 30% speed.  Is this normal range?

Possible. I haven't made any benchmarks over profiled code, yet.

* any numbers how rscheme and chicken are supposed to compare speed
  wise?

There are some benchmarks
(see http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/benchmarks.tar.gz).
Are you interested at porting them to RScheme?

Also of high interest, but maybe not for the list, so please reply
privately, if you have following info:

* anybody here, who knows how much faster apache is for plain file in
  comparison to apache/mod_perl, php etc. for higly dynamic pages?
  more like 10:1, 5:1, 2:1

* How fast would you expect an all-Scheme web server to be in
  comparison to apache?

The PLT server seems to be quite efficient. I've read something
about 80% of Apache's performance at static pages and much better
on dynamic.
Buit I don't have any accurate numbers.