Re: [Chicken-users] 1095 (prerelease) + some eggs

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 1095 (prerelease) + some eggs
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:31:01 +0100

Joerg F. Wittenberger wrote:

[Sorry, I didn't reply to the full message]

address@hidden:~/build/Askemos-0.7.0$ ./chicken/askemos chicken/config.scm
mechanism/debug-access.scm
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 22:50:58 +0100 Debug access open at port 7070.
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 22:50:58 +0100 Take off.
Error: deadlock

The problem can be in a) the new scheduler b) tcp.scm c) askemos.  I
guess it's not askemos for two reasons:

(BTW, this error means that there are no ready or blocked threads)

Uhm, plans to have at least a private library directory?  (Or is this
already there?)

Good point. If I understand you correctly, a private directory
(say ".chicken-library") should then be searched before (and in
addition to) the normal library directory, right?

csi -setup datatype
csi -setup make

etc.

Documentation is weak, check the sources for more information.

Egg ;-) but what's that for a funny format?

That's a gipped tarball under a different name.

For the adventurous, a little HTTP server:

http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/ssax.egg
http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/http.egg

Here a very simple example of it's use:
http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/server
http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/client

May I ask you a favor: can we try to integrate these implementations
with the Askemos code.  I somewhat hate too much duplication in the
code base.

You mean the http stuff? Well, it's not really part of the
official Chicken, just something I hacked together recently.
The code really is pretty simplistic.