[Chicken-users] problem with stdout

From: Kevin_Kelleher
Subject: [Chicken-users] problem with stdout
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:10:37 -0500

I downloaded Chicken yesterday after consulting the
"Schemes I Have Seen" page at

      http://www.aracnet.com/~briand/scheme_eval.html

I like it quite a bit; think it's very cool, but I have a little problem.

When I run a csi shell script, I can't print to stdout.
I've tried display, print, write, format, but none of them yield anything
visible.
If I type "csc -help" I don't see any output, either.

On the other hand, if I run the interpreter interactively,
or if I put the same commands into a file which I compile,
they work just fine.

Chicken was compiled with gcc on a Sun Sparc-5 running Solaris 5.6.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

thanks,

Kevin Kelleher