[Chicken-users] Small SWIG problem with workaround

From: Chris Double
Subject: [Chicken-users] Small SWIG problem with workaround
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 00:21:46 +1200

Trying the SWIG chicken examples I came across one small problem when trying
to compile things as a shared library using 'make module'.

I get the error:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-slackware-linux/3.2.1/../../../../i386-slackware-linux/bin/ld:

module.so: undefined versioned symbol name _LIB_VERSION@@GLIBC_2.0
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-slackware-linux/3.2.1/../../../../i386-slackware-linux/bin/ld:

failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value

This appears to be caused by having '-lm' before '-lieee' on the command line.
Looking at the makefile I see the Chicken specific sections add -lm and
-lieee but Swig already does it in the correct order. The chicken ones come
before the Swig ones and that's where the problem lay. Removing the chicken
ones caused things to work fine.

The fix was to remove -lm and -lieee from CHICKEN_LIBOPTS and
CHICKEN_SHAREDLIBOPTS in Examples/Makefile.

This is the first time I've used Swig and I have to say, it's great. Wrapping
libraries is a breeze.

Chris.
--
http://radio.weblogs.com/0102385