[Chicken-users] Chicken thinks Cygwin is windows platform

From: Dale Jordan
Subject: [Chicken-users] Chicken thinks Cygwin is windows platform
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:04:36 -0800

The function C_software_type at line 6382 in runtime.c is classifying Cygwin
as "windows" software type.  This has the effect of setting the
path-directory-separator character to #\\, with disastrous effect.  While
not knowing all the ramifications, I changed Cygwin to be "unix" type, which
solved the immediate problems of "csi -hygienic" and "csi -setup" failing.
Does this cause any other problems?

Curiously, I had to rearrange the order of #elif clauses in order for this
to take.  I don't know if this is related to the form that sets
pathname-directory-separator being toplevel in library.scm (maybe requiring
two rebuilds to take) or some other windows-related flag is getting defined
in some obscure way.

Finger Lickin' Good!  :)

Dale Jordan