Re: [Chicken-users] Two small patches

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Two small patches
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:30:30 +0200

Panagiotis Vossos wrote:
Hello Felix!

I am attaching below two small patches against the chicken-1.0
sources.

Thanks for the patches! I will incorporate them into the CVS version.

btw, could someone enlighten me about psyntax.pp?  What exactly is
this file and how is it produced?

It's the "ur"-macro-system that will be loaded by psyntax-bootstrap.scm.
In order to expand psyntax.scm (which contains highlevel macros), we
need a highlevel macro-expander. This is psyntax.pp. After that we
can ignore it.

It didn't occur to me that we can simply use "-hygienic" on the
psyntax-bootstrap.scm script. So it looks like psyntax.pp isn't
needed anymore...