[Chicken-users] egg problem

From: Burton Samograd
Subject: [Chicken-users] egg problem
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:08:54 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to install the http and regex-case eggs and I get the
following errors:

bash-2.05b$ mkdir tmp
bash-2.05b$ mv http.egg.gz tmp
bash-2.05b$ cd tmp
bash-2.05b$ ls
http.egg.gz
bash-2.05b$ gzip -d http.egg.gz
bash-2.05b$ csi -setup http.egg -wrap
extracting files from extension `http' ...

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"tar -zxvf http.egg"
2
bash-2.05b$ ls
http.egg
bash-2.05b$ csi -setup http -wrap
extracting files from extension `http' ...

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"tar -zxvf http.egg"
2
bash-2.05b$ gzip http.egg
bash-2.05b$ ls
http.egg.gz
bash-2.05b$ csi -setup http -wrap
wrapping extension `http' ...
tar: http.setup: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"tar --exclude CVS -zcvf http.egg http.setup "
2
bash-2.05b$ ls
http.egg  http.egg.gz
bash-2.05b$ tar zxvf http.egg.gz
http.setup
http/
http/server.scm
http/client.scm
http/utils.scm
bash-2.05b$ csi -setup http -wrap
Error: call of non-procedure: #<unprintable object>

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  I'm using the CVS version of chicken
and the http.egg.gz is directly off the website.  Is there anything
obvious I'm doing wrong here?

--
burton samograd
address@hidden