Re: [Chicken-users] Will chicken scheme compile DEC's EZD

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Will chicken scheme compile DEC's EZD
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:53:09 +0200

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:59:40 +0100, Dirk Pesch <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear chicken user community,

I am trying to compile DEC's EazyDraw (EZD), a graphics engine on top of X
Windows written in Scheme that was developed by DEC's WRL around 1990/91.
They had there own scheme to C compiler to compile EZD but I have had
serious trouble getting this one to compile under a recent version of LINUX and therefore thought I might try Chicken Scheme to C as an alternative. As
I am no expert of Scheme I fear that getting DEC's schemeto C running is
beyond my capabilities.
I would really like to revive the EZD tool as I have a simulation class
library with an interface for graphical output through EZD.

I would be grateful for any advice, experience, etc that may help before I
try to get Chicken Scheme going myself.

thanks in advance for the help

best regards
Dirk

Hi, Dirk!

That sounds interesting. I've never seen EZD, so I can't say much
about how portable the code is, or whether there is anything
that makes porting it to Chicken hard. But it's pretty easy to
interface to external code with Chicken, so I don't think
this should be too much trouble.
I would be delighted to help, can you provide me with the sources?
I've googled around for it, but most links seem to be broken.