Re: [Chicken-users] Some allocation and object-passing tests

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Some allocation and object-passing tests
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:56:04 +0100

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:53:09 +0000, Category 5 <address@hidden> wrote:

Felix Winkelmann <address@hidden> writes:

With these changes, your test-code works fine on my machine.

Ah!  My problem was in my (lack of) understanding of how C_gc_protect
works.  Now it makes more sense, and with your changes the test code
(original and modified versions) also runs fine for me, both in the
gc-protect and alloc-in-heap cases.

Phew!

Unfortunately, in my real code, the dispatcher() function is opaque -
it's part of foreign library code that I'm trying to create bindings
for.  So I can't add C_gc_protect calls inside it.  Are there any
options left except for static memory or malloc?

Hm. I'll find something. The problem is that C_gc_protect protects
variables pointing to values from GC, not the values themselves.

Also, any idea why anything I compile with -O1 or -O2 on this platform
immediately dumps core on execution?  =)

That's NetBSD on Sparc64, right?