Re: [Chicken-users] need idea for read-syntax

From: Category 5
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] need idea for read-syntax
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:00:44 +0000

Felix Winkelmann <address@hidden> writes:

> That's basically, what `foreign-code' does (it's in the current CVS
> HEAD):
>
> (foreign-code " ... ")
> (foreign-code "var" c-string)

Okay.  I think the thing that puzzles me a bit is that I see variable
references as different beasts than (sequences of) instructions.  The
first means 'this thing' and the second means 'do this'.  It seems a
little confusing to use the same form for both purposes.

On a slightly different topic, is there a lexically-scoped version of
define-foreign-variable (like there is for define-location)?