Re: [Chicken-users] GNU readline egg

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] GNU readline egg
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:00:57 +0100

Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:28:53 +0000 hat Category 5 <address@hidden> geschrieben:

felix wrote:

I've added Tony Garnock-Jones GNU readline interface to the eggs
collection:

This is excellent - makes working with the interpreter outside of Emacs
much easier.  It seems to me that it would be a lot more useful if the
readline port didn't disappear whenever the interpreter throws an error,
though:

(current-input-port (make-gnu-readline-port "csi> "))
#<input port (gnu-readline)>
csi> (+ 1 1)
2
csi> (+ 1 #f)
Error: (+) bad argument type: #f
 ; oops

I'm not quite sure why this happens.

Oh, the error-handler resets the input-port (in case it changed
during evaluation). Try putting `(current-input-port ...)' stuff
in your ~/.csirc (this is loaded before the REPL).

This is of course not good behaviour: instead of resetting
the I/O ports to the state before the REPL entry, csi should
reset the I/O ports to the state before the last evaluation
(or not?).