[Chicken-users] question on C types

From: Joerg F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] question on C types
Date: 24 Nov 2003 17:42:09 +0100

Hi,

somehow I can't understand the fine manual.  I want to code some parts
in C and can't interface.

The idea is to have 'result' hold a reference to some memory, which is
going to be opaque to the scheme side.  I don't need any type
checking, actually I don't want any.  I tried:

  (let ((result (##sys#allocate-vector size #f 0 #f)))
    ((foreign-lambda*
      void
      ((c-pointer line) (integer size))
      "int *p=line; int i; for(i=0; i<size; ++i) p[i]=i;")
     result size)
    result))

But I get:

Error: bad argument type - not a pointer: #(0 0)

So apparently I better use something else instead of
'##sys#allocate-vector' ???  And what will I have to do to get rid of
the type check eventually?

Thanks a lot

/Jörg

--
The worst of harm may often result from the best of intentions.