[Chicken-users] debugging query

From: Clifford Stein
Subject: [Chicken-users] debugging query
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:23:45 -0800

I'm curious how people debug their code with Chicken.

I'm pretty much doing everything with the interpreter and I find the
only way I can track down error messages like:

Error: (-) bad argument type: #<procedure>

is to put a bunch of print statements in.  Is there a way for the
interpreter to display the line number and the name of the source file
to make it a little easier to track down?

Also, when loading a file, the interpreter does some syntax checking and
can report errors.   Again, it tells me there's an error but won't tell
me where (sometimes it prints the  offending code-block, but other times
the messages are really generic).

Suggestions?

thanks!

--cliff