Re: [Chicken-users] export() docs and example?

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] export() docs and example?
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:11:20 +0200

Terrence Brannon wrote:

I wanted to create an egg for submission to call/cc.org.

Yay!

However, I am not clear on how to use export and the relevant docs:

http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/manual/manual-Z-H-54.html#%_sec_7.3

do not give an example or point to a part of the manual showing how to use export.

Further, the index does not have a listing for export.

Hm. Indeed. I'll try to improve that.

(declare (export foo bar))

Will cause all references to global variables foo and bar to be visible
in other compilation units. All other globals used in _this_ compilation
unit will not be visible outside this file. It's like a selective "block"
mode. So if you have a file that accesses the global variables foo, bar and baz,
then:

(declare (block)) will export none.

(declare (export foo bar)) will export foo and bar but not baz.

(declare (hide baz)) is the same as above.