Re: [Chicken-users] Scheme Code Documenters

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Scheme Code Documenters
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:17:35 +0200

Terrence Brannon wrote:

I wanted to submit some eggs for Chicken, but wanted them well-documented.

So far, here are the tools I know about for doing the job.

  Mole
http://www196.pair.com/lisovsky/ad/mole/

I've used this a little, and I like it quite much. It would be
nice if it has some more hooks for customization (or some docs
on how to customize it). But this is probably more a literate
programming tool than a pure source-code documentation extraction
tool.

  Schmooz
http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/Docupage/schmooz.html

  The Scheme Elucidator
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~normark/scheme/distribution/laml/styles/elucidator/man/elucidator.html

  SchemeDoc
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~normark/scheme/distribution/laml/tools/schemedoc/man/schemedoc.html

  SPOD
http://strader.xs4all.nl/csan/docs/staste.pod.html

I haven't used any of those. I was thinking about something SXML
based the other day. Tony Garnock-Jones wrote a nice tool (scmdoc?) a while ago,
that uses docbook, but setting up docbook turned out to be somewhat
complex (for me) so I lost interest.

Any preferences? If people prefer one over the other, we should try to
port it and include it in the chicken distro. Or should be write yet another
one?