[Chicken-users] Re: texinfo

From: Linh Dang
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: texinfo
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 08:35:25 -0400

On 3 May 2004, address@hidden wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a few problems with it, perhaps you can help me:
>
> - The first few nodes of the info file seem to be not available,
> when I open chicken.info in emacs (splitted info) and go to
> Introduction, I get "No such anchor in tag table or node in tag
> table or file: Introduction"

I'm not an expert on info myself but I believe that if you splitted
the info files then you would have to install them properly and not
just open then in info mode. You have to put all the parts into the
info directory such as /usr/info or /usr/share/info on Unix.

that why i prefer the --no-split option of makeinfo. it makes testing
texinfo file easier.

> - The entries for Builtin-classes is empty in the generated HTML,
> presumably because of all those `<' and `>'. Is there a way to
> escape them properly?

I'm not sure of this but this might be caused by an older version of
texi2html. I didn't have this problem.

I'll give your latest version a try.

my version of texinfo is 4.6 (I want to go to 4.7 since it added some
nice things such as table headings.) and texi2html is 1.66

> Sorry, I'm rather new to texinfo.

Umm, me too!

> I'm committing any changes right now. If you like, you can
> get the newest chicken.texi from CVS.
>
> Oh, If you're interested, you can have CVS access, of course.
> Then you can fix any problems with the stuff directly. But if you
> don't it's fine if you send me any patches.

The problem is finding the time!:-( I have full-time job, hacking C
and assembly on embedded systems. The various off-line tools I built
for myself were written in Elisp. But I really like the idea of
stand-alone programs written in Scheme! :-)

> How's the hen.el doing? Is it ready to use? We can add this
> to the base chicken distribution, if that's ok with you.

I quite happy with it! I'd feel flattered if you included it in the
distribution. I just don't want my email address appear any where in
the distribution please! :-)

Thanx

--
Linh Dang