Re: [Chicken-users] pointer-f32-set!

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] pointer-f32-set!
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 01:26:30 +0200

John wrote:
Hey guys --

I just grabbed Chicken and was fooling around with it for a bit. Specifically, I was looking at the lolevel unit, and even more specifically, at arrays of 32 bit floating point numbers. So, this is what I've got:

(define p (allocate 1024))
(pointer-f32-set! p 123.456)

The second line gives me the error 'bad argument type - not a fixnum: 123.456.' I'm using Chicken 1.22 (what my distro has), but I don't see anything in the changelog that pertains to my question. Is there some nuance of Chicken (or Scheme) that I haven't learned yet?

Thanks much,
John

Oops. Stupid bug, sorry. Just change the argument types of
`pointer-f32-set!' and `pointer-f64-set!' in lolevel.scm to
double/float.

thanks!