Re: [Chicken-users] Inconsistencies with regexp package?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Inconsistencies with regexp package?
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:46:13 +0200

> Ah, you are using pregexp, so I assume this is on Windows, right?
> It's a bug. See the attachment. <snip>
> Another bug. Pregexp uses a s-expr representation for regular expressions,
> and the procedures from the regex unit have to handle strings or s-exprs
> transparently.

pregexp has various bugs; this is why I asked (and Felix kindly provided ;)
support for PCRE, which is wonderful. BTW, is PCRE available on
Windows? I would say yes, since Python uses it and runs on Windows too.
For sure, PCRE is included in Cygwin and I used it with Chicken under
windows without problems (at least for some version of Cygwin ;)

 Michele Simionato