Re: [Chicken-users] chicken 1.51, Windows, csc.scm

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken 1.51, Windows, csc.scm
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 23:46:07 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
While trying to build the new Chicken 1.51 on Windows (vc++ 6) the make failed following the absence of csc.scm . Peeking into makefile.vc I noticed that the rule for generating it (from csc.scm.in) is missing.

The brute force (probably dumb) solution of renaming csc.scm.in to csc.scm and running make again, solved the issue (though I haven't tried running anything yet). Surely there is a right/better way to do it.

No, this is exactly the right way. All patches applied in the UNIX
build process do not apply to the Windows version, so I've added this rule
to makefile.vc:

csc.scm: csc.scm.in
        copy /Y csc.scm.in csc.scm