[Chicken-users] multithreading

From: Daniel Goertzen
Subject: [Chicken-users] multithreading
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:41:00 -0500

I've been searching for a while now for a scheme/lisp that is suitable for
embedded hardware AND supports multithreading.  I note that chicken supports
srfc 18, however I also note that all threads will block if any thread
blocks, and I cannot accept this.

Is there any knowledge out there on how chicken will react if I go ahead and
start creating new threads with C pthread calls?  Will the runtime go down
in a blazing wreck?  Are the support libraries generally thread unsafe?

Thanks,
Dan.