Re: [Chicken-users] INCLUDE with modules

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] INCLUDE with modules
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:11:58 +0200

Grzegorz Chrupała wrote:

On Sun 20 Jun 2004 21:40, Grzegorz Chrupała wrote:
[snip example]

Unless I'm doing something wrong or misunderstanding something, it
seems that identifiers defined within a module body via INCLUDE are
exported even though they are not listed among exports.

Thats right, Chicken's `include' doesn't really play well with psyntax,
if used in a non-toplevel context (as recommended in the manual).

FWIW, it seems like the psyntax modules may be not playing nice with (some?) DEFINE-MACRO macros as I also noticed that when one uses DEFINE-METHOD in a module it is exported indiscriminately too, which doesn't happen when creating methods procedurally (with ADD-METHOD).

Indeed, I just checked and some definitions in `chicken-highlevel-macros.scm'
do not properly expand into `define' forms, but expand into `set!'
(which is plainly wrong). I will provide a patch hopefully tonight.
(to get started, check the definition of `define-method' and `define-generic'
in chicken-highlevel-macros.scm and change the expansions into using
`define').