RE: [Chicken-users] some more compilation difficulties

From: Carter T Schonwald
Subject: RE: [Chicken-users] some more compilation difficulties
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:18:38 -0700 (PDT)

the compiler is probably VC++7 (or maybe 7.1, whichever is in visual studio academic edition 2003 .net).
and just in case it may help locate what went wrong, the runtime, library and eval object files were already created when the error occurred.
the version I downloaded was the .tar.gz of 1.50  (I didn't see the .zip that you mentioned)

and yes, my steps thus far have been only to extract the files and run
'nmake -f makefile.vc'

Thanks for offering to help, I really appreciate it.
(especially since I have essentially zero experience compiling programs using makefiles and such)

Jonah Beckford <address@hidden> wrote:

I might be able to help you if I had a little more information …

What have you done so far?

    I assume you have obtained the .zip or .tar.gz package from the website (which one and which version?)

    Have your only steps so far been to extract the package and run ‘nmake –f makefile.vc’?

What version of VC++ are you using … VC++ 6 or VC++ 7 or VC++ 7.1 (the free VC compiler that comes with .NET SDK)?

I can try to recreate your steps and see what happened.

Jonah