RE: [Chicken-users] some more compilation difficulties

From: Jonah Beckford
Subject: RE: [Chicken-users] some more compilation difficulties
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:44:21 -0400

I don't think you borked :) the tarball.

You reminded me that I probably did something very different from what
Carter did ... I used Cygwin GNU tar to extract the .tar.gz file, and then I
went over to MS-DOS/VC++ Command Prompt and ran NMAKE.  It has been so long
that it became a habit ... why did I start doing it? ... because some
Windows ZIP programs do not preserve the date/time attributes when
extracting; some just put today's date on the file.  (For PKZIP, it is an
option; for WinZip 8+, it preserves by default).  I can't remember if that
is particular to .tar files or both .tar and .zip files.

Jonah